Update: The sale at $17.00 for the scorchingly nice XD07 Theme and 3 Plugin Bundle is now LIVE.
You also get the very useful Scripts Manager and Snippet Inserter plugins as part of this deal.
Here’s a link to a demo of the XD07 theme.
As you’d expect it’s really nice and has a number of great features to build a WordPress driven site around, such as:-
- 6 built in colour schemes plus a custom colour changer.
- A built in “Alert Box” popup optionally home page only or whole site.
- Image and video slideshow with selectable slideshow transition effects.
- 7 “Home Boxes” split into two sections, up to 4 boxes, and up to 3.
- Optional social sharing icons for articles and post and pages.
- Social networking Buttons at top and bottom (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- A “quote” area at the bottom, with WYSIWYG editor.
- 4 editable footer widgets area.
- A rich HTML WYSIWYG editor in many admin sections.
- A custom CSS section so you don’t have to hack the stylesheets.
- Featured posts category to display posts on the home page.
- The ability to optionally turn on and off almost everything.
Plus some other bits and pieces such as add your logo or name text, phone number, and copyright notices, and the ability to disable the main nav bar if that’s something you’d like to do.
In other words lots and LOTS of options to play around with.
In this launch sale it comes with a full developer licence (client/flipper) and I’m also including TWO BONUS plugins, Script Manager and Snippet Inserter.
You can either add your scripts globally (e.g. for tracking) or on a page by page or post basis – e.g. for popups and similar.
You can tell the plugin to insert the code in the <head> or <footer> areas of your site which is where most scripts are placed. Without the plugin you’d have to hack the theme to insert tracking code etc and you wouldn’t have any control over which page or post it would be active on.
Script Manager is a bit of a “must-have” workhorse of a plugin that just does the job efficiently.
For example you may want to add video embed code from YouTube to a particular page or post, or maybe some PHP, or a form. Normally WordPress doesn’t let you do this in the TinyMCE editor, but you can get round this problem with Snippet Inserter.
Both plugins come with full developer (client/flipper) licences in this deal.
The theme and two plugin bundle is just $17 for two days after the sale opens on Wednesday 17th at 2.00pm GMT/BST (9.00am EST/EDT), and will rise to
$27 on Saturday morning, and then $37 at sale end on Monday.
My advice for what it’s worth is to get it as soon as the sale opens.